- Adjective. Capable of operating without external control or intervention.
- Adjective. Done out of habit or without conscious thought.
- Adjective. (context, of a firearm such as a machine gun) Firing continuously as long as the trigger is pressed until ammunition is exhausted.
- Adjective. (computing, of a local variable) Automatically added to and removed from the stack during the course of function calls.
- Noun. A car with automatic transmission.
- Noun. A semi-automatic firearm.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.