- Noun. Someone or something that is affiliated, or associated; a member of a group of associated things.
- Verb. (transitive) To adopt; to receive into a family as a son; hence, to bring or receive into close connection; to ally.
- Verb. (transitive) To fix the paternity of; — said of an illegitimate child; as, to affiliate the child to (or on or upon) one man rather than another.
- Verb. (transitive) To connect in the way of descent; to trace origin to.
- Verb. (intransitive) To attach (to) or unite (with); to receive into a society as a member, and initiate into its mysteries, plans, etc.; — followed by to or with.