- Noun. The act of affecting or acting upon; the state of being affected.
- Noun. An attribute; a quality or property; a condition; a bodily state; as, figure, weight, etc., are affections of bodies.
- Noun. Bent of mind; a feeling or natural impulse or natural impulse acting upon and swaying the mind; any emotion; as, the benevolent affections, esteem, gratitude, etc.; the malevolent affections, hatred, envy, etc.; inclination; disposition; propensity; tendency.
- Noun. Kind feeling; love; zealous or tender attachment; settled good will.
- Noun. (medicine) Disease; morbid symptom; malady; as, a pulmonary affection. --Dunglison.
- Verb. to feel an affection, emotion or love for.