- Noun. That which happens without design; chance; hazard; hap; hence, chance of danger or loss.
- Noun. The encountering of risks; hazardous and striking enterprise; a bold undertaking, in which hazards are to be encountered, and the issue is staked upon unforeseen events; a daring feat.
- Noun. A remarkable occurrence; a striking event; a stirring incident; as, the adventures of one's life.
- Noun. A mercantile or speculative enterprise of hazard; a venture; a shipment by a merchant on his own account.
- Verb. (transitive) To risk or hazard; jeopard; venture.
- Verb. (transitive) To venture upon; to run the risk of; to dare.
- Verb. (intransitive) To try the chance; to take the risk.