- Noun. Any condition, circumstance, opportunity or means, particularly favorable to success, or to any desired end.
- Noun. Superiority; mastery; — used with of to specify its nature or with over to specify the other party.
- Noun. Superiority of state, or that which gives it; benefit; gain; profit; as, the advantage of a good constitution.
- Noun. (tennis) The score where one player wins a point after deuce but needs the next too to carry the game.
- Verb. (transitive) To provide with an advantage, to give an edge.