- Verb. To bring forward; to move towards the van or front; to make to go on.
- Verb. To raise to a higher rank; to promote.
- Verb. To accelerate the growth or progress; to further; to forward; to help on; to aid; to heighten.
- Verb. To bring to view or notice; to offer or propose; to show.
- Verb. To make earlier, as an event or date; to hasten.
- Verb. To furnish, as money or other value, before it becomes due, or in aid of an enterprise; to supply beforehand.
- Verb. To raise to a higher point; to enhance; to raise in rate.
- Verb. (intransitive) To move forwards, to approach.
- Noun. A forward move.
- Noun. An amount of money or credit, especially given as a loan, or paid before it is due; an advancement.
- Noun. (in the plural) An opening approach or overture, especially of an unwelcome or sexual nature.
- Adjective. Completed before need or a milestone event.
- Adjective. Preceding.
- Adjective. Forward.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.