- Noun. A thing which aids or assists; an auxiliary.
- Noun. One who helps or facilitates; an assistant.
- Noun. (medicine) An additive (as in a drug) that aids or modifies the action of the principal ingredient.
- Noun. (medicine) Something (as in a method) that enhances the effectiveness of a medical treatment.
- Noun. (immunology) A substance enhancing the immune response to an antigen.
- Adjective. The noun used as a modifier.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.