- Noun. Direction or superscription of a letter, or the name, title, and place of residence of the person addressed.
- Noun. Act of addressing oneself to a person; a discourse or speech.
- Noun. Manner of speaking to another; delivery.
- Noun. Attention in the way one addresses a lady.
- Noun. Skill; skillful management; dexterity; adroitness.
- Noun. (obsolete) Act of preparing oneself.
- Noun. street location.
- Noun. (computing) A location in computer memory.
- Noun. (Internet) An Internet address; URL.
- Verb. (intransitive, obsolete) To prepare one's self.
- Verb. (intransitive, obsolete) To direct speech.
- Verb. (transitive, obsolete) To aim; to direct.
- Verb. (transitive, obsolete) To prepare or make ready.
- Verb. (transitive, reflexive) To prepare one's self; to apply one's skill or energies (to some object); to betake.
- Verb. (transitive, archaic) To clothe or array; to dress.
- Verb. (transitive) To direct, as words (to any one or any thing); to make, as a speech, petition, etc. (to any one, an audience).
- Verb. (transitive) To direct speech to; to make a communication to, whether spoken or written; to apply to by words, as by a speech, petition, etc., to speak to; to accost.
- Verb. (transitive) To direct in writing, as a letter; to superscribe, or to direct and transmit.
- Verb. (transitive) To make suit to as a lover; to court; to woo.
- Verb. (transitive) To consign or intrust to the care of another, as agent or factor.
- Verb. (transitive) To address one's self to; to prepare one's self for; to apply one's self to; to direct one's speech or discourse to.
- Verb. (transitive, formal) To handle, discuss about a problem especially to solve it.
- Verb. (intransitive) (computing) To refer a location in computer memory.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.