- Verb. To declare not guilty; innocent.
- Verb. (context, followed by “of”, formerly by “from”) To set free, release or discharge from an obligation, duty, liability, burden, or from an accusation or charge, to find not guilty.
- Verb. (obsolete, rare) To pay for; to atone for.
- Verb. To discharge, as a claim or debt; to clear off; to pay off; to requite, to fulfill.
- Verb. (reflexive) To clear one’s self.
- Verb. (reflexive) To bear or conduct one’s self; to perform one’s part.
- Verb. (obsolete) To release, set free, rescue.
- Verb. (archaic) Past participle of '''acquit''', set free, rid of.