- Noun. The act of acknowledging; admission; avowal; owning; confession.
- Noun. The act of owning or recognizing in a particular character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence, authority, truth, or genuineness.
- Noun. An award or other expression or token of appreciation.
- Noun. An owning with gratitude of a benefit or an obligation (as in "acknowledgment" of a favor).
- Noun. A message from the addressee informing the originator that the originator's communication has been received and understood, as a wedding invitation's ''acknowledgment''.
- Noun. (context, Telecommunications) A response (ACK) sent by a receiver to indicate successful receipt of a transmission.
- Noun. An owning as genuine or valid; an avowing or admission in legal form (as in "acknowledgment of a deed").
- Noun. (context, legal) A formal statement or document recognizing the fulfillment or execution of a legal requirement or procedure.