- Noun. The act of acknowledging; admission; avowal; owning; confession.
- Noun. The act of owning or recognizing in a particular character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence, authority, truth, or genuineness.
- Noun. An award or other expression or token of appreciation.
- Noun. An expression of gratitude.
- Noun. A message from the addressee informing the originator that the originator's communication has been received and understood, as a wedding invitation's ''acknowledgement''.
- Noun. (context, Telecommunications) A response sent by a receiver to indicate successful receipt of a transmission.
- Noun. (context, legal) The act of a man admitting a child as his own.
- Noun. (context, legal) A formal statement or document recognizing the fulfilment or execution of a legal requirement or procedure.