- Noun. A people reported by Herodotus and Josephus to have no or removable heads.
- Noun. ''(Ecclesiastical History):'' The Eutychians, a Christian sect in the year 482 without a leader. See [http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01100c.htm].
- Noun. ''(Ecclesiastical History):'' Bishops and certain clergymen not under regular diocesan control.
- Noun. A class of levelers in the time of King Henry I.
- Noun. (plural of, acephalus) .
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.