- Noun. One who, or that which, accumulates.
- Noun. (British) A wet-cell storage battery.
- Noun. (betting) A collective bet on successive events, with both stake and winnings being carried forward to accumulate progressively.
- Noun. (mechanics) A system of elastic springs for relieving the strain upon a rope, as in deep-sea dredging.
- Noun. (manufacturing) A vessel containing pressurized hot water ready for release as steam.
- Noun. (engineering, hydraulics) A container which stores hydraulic power for release, in the form of a pressurized fluid (often suspended within a larger tank of fluid under pressure).
- Noun. (computer science) A register in a calculator or computer used for holding the intermediate results of a computation or data transfer.
- Noun. (finance) A derivative contract under which the seller commits to sell shares of an underlying security at a certain strike price, which the buyer is obligated to buy.