- Noun. An expression of approval; praise.
- Noun. A special acknowledgment; an award.
- Noun. (historical) A salutation marking the conferring of knighthood, consisting of an embrace or a kiss, and a slight blow on the shoulders with the flat of a sword.
- Noun. (music) A brace used to join two or more staves.
- Noun. (US, _) Written Presidential certificate recognizing service by personnel who died or were wounded in action between 1917 and 1918, or who died in service between 1941 and 1947, or died of wounds received in Korea between June 27, 1950 and July 27, 1954. Service of civilians who died overseas or as a result of injury or disease contracted while serving in a civilian capacity with the United States Armed Forces during the dates and/or in areas prescribed is in like manner recognized.
- Verb. (transitive) To embrace or kiss in salutation.
- Verb. (transitive) To confer a knighthood on.