- Adjective. Having a secondary, supplementary or subordinate function by accompanying as a subordinate; aiding in a secondary way; being additional; being connected as an incident or subordinate to a principal; contributing or being contributory. Said of persons and things, and, when of persons, usually in a bad sense; as, he was ''accessory'' to the riot; ''accessory'' sounds in music.
- Adjective. (context, legal) Assisting a crime without actually participating in committing the crime itself.
- Noun. That which belongs to something else deemed the principal; something additional and subordinate, an attachment.
- Noun. An article that completes one's basic outfit, such as a scarf or gloves.
- Noun. (legal) One who, not being present, contributes as an assistant or instigator to the commission of an offense.
- Noun. (context, fine arts) Anything that enters into a work of art without being indispensably necessary, as mere ornamental parts.