- Noun. The act of accepting; a receiving of something offered, with approbation, satisfaction, or acquiescence; especially, favorable reception; approval.
- Noun. State of being accepted.
- Noun. (business, finance) An assent and engagement by the person on whom a bill of exchange is drawn, to pay it when due according to the terms of the acceptance.
- Noun. (business, finance) The bill of exchange itself when accepted.
- Noun. An agreeing to terms or proposals by which a bargain is concluded and the parties are bound; the reception or taking of a thing bought as that for which it was bought, or as that agreed to be delivered, or the taking possession as owner.
- Noun. (legal) An agreeing to the action of another, by some act which binds the person in law.
- Noun. (US, _) The act of an authorized representative of the Government by which the Government assents to ownership by it of existing and identified supplies, or approves specific services rendered, as partial or complete performance of a contract.
- Noun. (obsolete) acceptation.
- Noun. (Australia, and) A list of horses accepted as starters in a race.