- Noun. Improper treatment or usage; application to a wrong or bad purpose; misuse; perversion. (defdate, from 15th c) .
- Noun. Physical or verbal maltreatment; injury.
- Noun. Forcing of undesired sexual activity by one person on another.
- Noun. An unjust, corrupt or wrongful practice or custom; offense; crime; fault.
- Noun. Coarse, insulting speech; abusive language.
- Verb. (transitive) To put to a wrong use; to misapply; to use improperly; to misuse; to use for a wrong purpose or end; to pervert; as, to '''abuse''' one's authority. (defdate, from early 15th c.) .
- Verb. (transitive) To injure; to maltreat; to hurt; to treat with cruelty.
- Verb. (transitive) To attack with coarse language; to insult; to revile.
- Verb. (transitive) (obsolete) To deceive; to trick; to impose on.