- Noun. (medicine, or) The cessation of pregnancy or fetal development; a miscarriage.
- Noun. An induced abortion.
- Noun. The act of inducing abortion.
- Noun. (dated) The immature product of an untimely birth.
- Noun. (biology) Arrest of development of any organ, so that it remains an imperfect formation or is absorbed.
- Noun. Any fruit or produce that does not come to maturity, or anything which is interrupted in its progress before it is matured or perfect.
- Noun. The act of aborting a project, a mission, etc, before it is completed.
- Noun. (arts) Something ugly, an artistic atrocity.