- Noun. (obsolete) A table or tray strewn with sand, anciently used for drawing, calculating, etc.
- Noun. A calculating table or frame; an instrument for performing arithmetical calculations by balls sliding on wires, or counters in grooves, the lowest line representing units, the second line, tens, etc.
- Noun. (architecture) The uppermost member or division of the capital of a column, immediately under the architrave.
- Noun. (archaic) A tablet, panel, or compartment in ornamented or mosaic work.
- Noun. A board, tray, or table, divided into perforated compartments, for holding cups, bottles, or the like; a kind of cupboard, buffet, or sideboard.