- Adjective. Of, or relating to the people, language and culture of Scandinavia.
- Adjective. Of, or relating to the North Germanic group of languages.
- Proper noun. A collective term for Scandinavian (historically Norwegian) people.
- Proper noun. Speakers of any of the North Germanic languages.
- Proper noun. The ancient language spoken by Vikings, from which modern Scandinavian languages are derived. Icelandic is the most closely related modern version, having changed little due to Iceland's linguistic isolation.