- Proper noun. (Biblical) a place, north of Jerusalem, whose inhabitants were massacred by Saul.
- Noun. (slang, chiefly) a wealthy or influential person; a toff.
- Noun. (slang) the head (''somewhat archaic'') Used in one version of the Nursery Rhyme: Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water; Jack fell down and broke his crown, and Jill came tumbling after. Up Jack got and home did trot, as fast as he could caper; to old Dame Dob to mend his ''nob'', with vinegar and brown paper.
- Noun. (context, cribbage) a jack of the same suit as the card turned up by the dealer.
- Noun. (slang) The glans penis, the sensitive bulbous structure at the end of the penis also known as the head of the penis. (also spelled knob).