- Noun. A type of articulated locomotive, in which there are two powered trucks, with the rear truck being rigidly attached to the main body and boiler of the locomotive, while the front powered truck is attached to the rear by a hinge, so that it may swing from side to side, and with the front end of the boiler resting upon a sliding bearing on the swinging front truck.
- Noun. A small maul with a short handle, used especially for driving a tool, as a chisel or the like.
- Noun. A weapon resembling the tool, but typically much larger.
- Noun. A light beetle with a long handle used in playing croquet.
- Noun. The stick used to strike the ball in the sport of polo.
- Verb. To strike with a mallet.