- Noun. A large, landlocked, naturally-occurring stretch of water.
- Noun. A large amount of liquid; ''as'', a wine lake.
- Noun. (obsolete) An offering, sacrifice, gift.
- Noun. (dialectal) Play; sport; game; fun; glee.
- Verb. (obsolete) To present an offering.
- Verb. (chiefly, dialectal) To leap, jump, exert oneself, play.
- Noun. (obsolete) Fine linen.
- Noun. In dyeing and painting, an often fugitive crimson or vermillion pigment derived from an organic colorant (cochineal or madder, for example) and an inorganic, generally metallic mordant.
- Verb. To make lake-red.