- Proper noun. (alternative spelling of, Lisp) .
- Proper noun. A functional programming language with a distinctive parenthesized syntax, much used in artificial intelligence.
- Noun. The habit or an act of lisping.
- Verb. To pronounce the sibilant letter ‘s’ imperfectly; to give ‘s’ and ‘z’ the sounds of ‘th’ ((IPA, /θ / ð/) ) — a defect common amongst children.
- Verb. To speak with imperfect articulation; to mispronounce, as a child learning to talk.
- Verb. To speak hesitatingly and with a low voice, as if afraid.
- Verb. To pronounce with a lisp.
- Verb. To utter with imperfect articulation; to express with words pronounced imperfectly or indistinctly, as a child speaks; hence, to express by the use of simple, childlike language.
- Verb. To speak with reserve or concealment; to utter timidly or confidentially; as, to lisp treason.