- Proper noun. (linguistics) The early, undocumented language from which other Germanic languages such as German, English, Dutch and Scandinavian languages developed.
- Proper noun. (linguistics) The group of Indo-European languages that developed from Germanic.
- Adjective. Having German characteristics.
- Adjective. Relating to the Germanic peoples (such as Germans, Scandinavians or Anglo-Saxons).
- Adjective. (linguistics) Relating to the language or group of languages known as Germanic.
- Adjective. Of or containing germanium.
- Adjective. Containing germanium with a valence of 4.