- Proper noun. (Greek mythology) An oread, punished by Hera by losing her own voice and only being able to mimic that of others.
- Noun. A reflected sound that is heard again by its initial observer.
- Noun. (computing) : The displaying on the command line of the command that has just been executed.
- Noun. The letter ''E'' in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- Verb. (context, of a sound or sound waves) To reflect off of a surface and return to someone who has heard it already.
- Verb. (by extension, transitive) To repeat back precisely what another has just said: to copy in the imitation of a natural echo.
- Verb. (by extension, transitive) To repeat (another's speech, opinion(,) etc.).