- Proper noun. (given name, female) from the noun ebony, of mostly African-American usage since the mid-twentieth century.
- Noun. A hard, heavy, deep black wood from various subtropical and tropical trees, especially of the genus ''Diospyros''.
- Noun. A tree that yields such wood.
- Noun. A deep, dark black colour.
- Noun. (slang) A black key on a piano or other keyboard instrument.
- Adjective. Made of ebony wood.
- Adjective. A deep, dark black colour.
- Adjective. Dark-skinned; black; ''especially'' in reference to African-Americans.