- (initialism) . (electronics) Extremely low frequency, the band of radio frequencies from 3 to 30 hertz.
- (initialism) . (computing) Executable and Linking Format, a common object file format for Unix.
- (initialism) . Earth Liberation Front (radical environmentalism group).
- (initialism) . Endangered Language Fund, a non-profit organization.
- (initialism) . (linguistics) English as a lingua franca.
- (initialism) . Elvish Linguistic Fellowship, an organization that studies the invented languages of J. R. R. Tolkien.
- Noun. A mythical, supernatural being resembling but seen as distinct from humans.
- Noun. (Norse mythology) A luminous spirit presiding over nature and fertility and dwelling in the world of Álfheim (Elfland). Compare angel, nymph, fairy.
- Noun. (fantasy) Any of the magical, humanoid, typically forest-guarding races bearing some similarities to the Norse álfar (through Tolkien's Eldar).