- Proper noun. A country in East Asia, officially named the People's Republic of China (中华人民共和国).
- Proper noun. A region in East Asia comprising the areas governed by the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Proper noun. The civilization of the Chinese people.
- Noun. (uncountable) The root of a climbing plant, ''Smilax china'' L., once believed to have important medicinal properties.
- Noun. (uncountable) Ceramic or porcelain .
- Noun. (uncountable) Tableware made from china.
- Noun. (countable, music) A cymbal, flattened at the perimeter, about 16 to 20 inches (40 to 50 centimetres) across, that is ridden or crashed to produce a distinctive "trashy" sound.
- Noun. A glazed china marble in children's games.
- Noun. (CRS, countable) Mate (i.e., friend).