- Proper noun. A pet form of the female given name Candace or Candice.
- Noun. (uncountable, chiefly) Edible, sweet-tasting confectionery containing sugar, or sometimes artificial sweeteners, and often flavored with fruit, chocolate, nuts, herbs and spices, or artificial flavors.
- Noun. (countable, chiefly) A piece of candy.
- Verb. (cooking) To cook in, or coat with, sugar syrup.
- Noun. (obsolete) a unit of mass used in southern India, equal to twenty maunds, roughly equal to 500 pounds avoirdupois but varying locally.