- Proper noun. (surname, A An) for a cooper.
- Proper noun. (given name, male) transferred from the surname. .
- Adjective. (context, of an animal) abandoned by its mother and reared by hand.
- Noun. a prickly, bushy Mediterranean juniper, ''Juniperus oxycedrus'', whose wood yields a tar.
- Noun. (archaic) A cask or barrel, used in the British ''Book of Rates'' for a determinate number of some sort of fish. For example, a cade of herrings was a vessel containing 500 herrings, while a cade of sprats contained 1,000.