- (initialism) . compact disc: A form of digital media that is based on the use of a laser to read from a plastic disc in a reader device.
- (initialism) . Certificate of deposit: used by financial institutions.
- (initialism) . A decal found on automobiles to indicate diplomatic status; comes from French (term, corps diplomatique) .
- (initialism) . Creative director: head of the creative department (e.g. advertising agencies).
- (initialism) . Corporate design: specific design features of a company, corporate identity CI.
- (initialism) . Collision detection: used by an Ethernet network to detect when two computers are sending frames at the same time, and also to deal with such collisions when they happen.
- (initialism) . circular dichroism.
- Noun. (astronomy) a type of giant elliptical galaxy.