- Proper noun. A native or resident of the American state of Oregon.
- Noun. An aquatic rodent of the genus ''Castor'', having a wide, flat tail and webbed feet.
- Noun. A hat, of various shape, made from a felted beaver fur, fashionable in Europe between 1550 and 1850.
- Noun. (n-g, A possibly different "beaver hat" is mentioned by Chaucer in both ''Canterbury Tales'' and ''Testament of Creeside'', and indeed much earlier in Normandy ''Chronicle of the Abbey of St Wandrille'' refers to a hat given before 833 as "quem vulgaris Bevurum".) Notes and Queries Vol. 1 (21) 23 March 1850 Page 338.
- Noun. (context, coarse) The pubic hair and/or vulva of a woman.
- Noun. (context, now) The lower face-guard of a helmet.
- Noun. (alternative form of, bever) .