- Proper noun. (biblical) A figure in the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse), often identified with Satan or the Antichrist.
- Proper noun. A wild animal, or seemingly so, which roams free in a country it is usually only found in zoos. (For example '''The Beast of Bodmin Moor''').
- Noun. Any animal other than a human; usually only applied to land vertebrates.
- Noun. A person who behaves in a violent, antisocial or uncivilized manner.
- Noun. A large and impressive automobile.
- Verb. (British, military) to impose arduous exercises, either as training or as punishment.