- Noun. (databases) Binary large object; a data type that allows storage of binary data often of indeterminate length.
- Noun. A shapeless or amorphous mass; a vague shape or amount, especially of a liquid or semisolid substance; a clump, group or collection that lacks definite shape.
- Noun. In astronomy, a large cloud of gas. In particular, an '''extended Lyman-Alpha blob''' is a huge body of gas that may be the precursor to a galaxy.[http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090422151828.htm].
- Noun. (dialect) A bubble, a bleb.
- Noun. A small freshwater fish (''Uranidea richardsoni''); the miller's thumb..