- (initialism) . (analytical chemistry) A nitrogen adsorption technique used to measure the specific surface area of a solid.
- Proper noun. A diminutive of Elizabeth.
- Noun. A wager, an agreement between two parties that a stake (usually money) will be paid by the loser to the winner (the winner being the one who correctly forecast the outcome of an event).
- Noun. A degree of certainty.
- Verb. To agree that payment be made to the successful forecaster of the result of an event (usually sporting) by the other party in the agreement. To make a guess about the outcome of an event.
- Verb. To be sure of something; to be able to count on something.
- Verb. (poker) To place money into the pot in order to require others do the same, usually only used for the first person to place money in the pot on each round.