- Proper noun. (Greek god) son of Iapetus and Clymene, war leader of the Titans ordered by the god Zeus to support the sky on his shoulders; father to Hesperides, the Hyades, and the Pleiades; king of the legendary Atlantis.
- Proper noun. (astronomy) a moon of Saturn.
- Proper noun. (astronomy) a crater in the first quadrant of the moon.
- Proper noun. (context, warfare) Intercontinental ballistic missile.
- Noun. A bound collection of maps often including tables, illustrations or other text.
- Noun. A bound collection of tables, illustrations etc. on any given subject.
- Noun. (chiefly, in) A detailed visual conspectus of something of great and multi-faceted complexity, with its elements splayed so as to be presented in as discrete a manner as possible whilst retaining a realistic view of the whole.
- Noun. (topology) A collection of top-dimensional subspaces, called charts, each homeomorphic to Euclidean space, which comprise the entirety of a manifold, such that intersecting charts' respective homeomorphisms are compatible in a certain way.
- Noun. (anatomy) The uppermost vertebra of the neck.
- Noun. One who supports a heavy burden; mainstay.
- Noun. (architecture) A figure of a man used as a column; telamon.
- Noun. (context, paper) A sheet of paper measuring 26 inches by 34 inches.
This is an unmodified, but possibly outdated, definition from Wiktionary and used here under the Creative Commons license. Wiktionary is a great resource. If you like it too, please donate to Wikimedia.
This entry was last updated on RefTopia from its source on 3/20/2012.