- Proper noun. The boat built by the Biblical Noah to carry himself and the animals of the planet during the w:Flood; (see w:Noah's Ark).
- Proper noun. The chest carried by the Hebrews containing the stone tablets carved with the Ten Commandments; (see the w:Ark of the Covenant).
- Noun. A large box with a flat lid.
- Noun. (Judaism, Christianity) The ship built by Noah to save his family and a collection of animals from the deluge.
- Noun. Something affording protection; safety, shelter, refuge.
- Noun. A spacious type of boat with a flat bottom.
- Noun. (Judaism) A consecrated container.