- Adjective. Pertaining to the period of Norman rule of England, 1066–1154.
- Adjective. Pertaining to Normans in England after the Norman Conquest.
- Adjective. Relating to their language.
- Noun. A Norman who settled in England after the Norman Conquest, or a descendant of one.
- Proper noun. The Romance language spoken in England by the ruling classes after the Norman Conquest, or the form of this language used in English law until the 17th century. ([http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=xno language code=xno]).