- Noun. (Greek mythology) a member of a mythical race of female warriors inhabiting the Black Sea area.
- Noun. A female warrior.
- Noun. A tall, strong, or athletic woman.
- Proper noun. (rivers) A river of South America that flows through Brazil for about 4000 miles to the South Atlantic.
- Proper noun. A region including much of this river; specifically, the region of the Amazon Rainforest, or of the Amazon River Basin.
- Proper noun. (non-gloss definition, Used attributively in compounds.) .
- Noun. Any of the large parrots from the genus ''Amazona''.
- Noun. A tall, strong, athletic woman.