- (acronym) . (pathology) AIDS-related complex.
- Noun. (astronomy) That part of a circle which a heavenly body appears to pass through as it moves above and below the horizon. (defdate, from 14th c.) .
- Noun. (geometry) A continuous part of the circumference of a circle (circular arc) or of an other curve. (defdate, from 16th c.) .
- Noun. A curve, in general. (defdate, from 17th c.) .
- Noun. A band contained within parallel curves, or something of that shape. (defdate, from 17th c.) .
- Noun. (context, electrics) A flow of current across an insulating medium; especially a hot, luminous discharge between either two electrodes or as lightning. (defdate, from 19th c.) .
- Noun. A story arc. (defdate, from 20th c.) .
- Noun. (mathematics) A continuous mapping from a real interval (typically
[0, 1]) into a space.
- Noun. (graph theory) A directed edge.
- Verb. (intransitive) To move following a curved path.
- Verb. (intransitive) To form an electrical arc.