- (initialism) . AOL Instant Messenger.
- (initialism) . Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere - a NASA spacecraft.
- Noun. The pointing of a weapon, as a gun, a dart, or an arrow, or object, in the line of direction with the object intended to be struck; the line of fire; the direction of anything, as a spear, a blow, a discourse, a remark, towards a particular point or object, with a view to strike or affect it.
- Noun. The point intended to be hit, or object intended to be attained or affected.
- Noun. Intention; purpose; design; scheme.
- Verb. (intransitive) To point or direct a missile weapon, or a weapon which propels as missile, towards an object or spot with the intent of hitting it; as, to aim at a fox, or at a target.
- Verb. (intransitive) To direct the intention or purpose; to attempt the accomplishment of a purpose; to try to gain; to endeavor;—followed by at, or by an infinitive; as, to aim at distinction; to aim to do well.
- Verb. (transitive) To direct or point, as a weapon, at a particular object; to direct, as a missile, an act, or a proceeding, at, to, or against an object; as, to aim a musket or an arrow, the fist or a blow (at something); to aim a satire or a reflection (at some person or vice).
- (initialism) . AIM; AOL Instant Messenger.