- (initialism) . gency for International Development.
- Noun. Help assistance; succor, relief.
- Noun. The person who promotes or helps in something being done; a helper; an assistant.
- Noun. Something which helps; a material source of help.
- Noun. (British) A historical subsidy granted to the crown by Parliament for an extraordinary purpose, such as a war effort.
- Noun. (British) An exchequer loan.
- Noun. (legal) A pecuniary tribute paid by a vassal to his feudal lord on special occasions.
- Noun. An aide-de-camp, so called by abbreviation.
- Verb. (transitive) To (give) support (to); to further the progress of; to help; to assist.