- Noun. Academic grade issued by some institutions, which is inferior to an A and superior to a B+.
- Prefix. (no longer productive) (non-gloss definition, forming verbs with the sense ''away'', ''from'', ''out'') .
- Prefix. (no longer productive) in, on.
- Prefix. (context, now) (non-gloss definition, representing the Anglo-Saxon intensifying prefix, sometimes with little change in meaning) , e.g. aware.
- Prefix. (no longer productive) (non-gloss definition, forming words with the sense of ''wholly'', ''out'') , e.g. abash.
- Prefix. (non-gloss definition, Forming words denoting absence or lack, e.g. abyss, amoral, usually with stems beginning with consonants.) .