- Noun. A class of two-handed double-trapeze dinghy (from its maximum length of 16 feet, approx. 4900 millimetres).
- Noun. (alternative spelling of, forty-niner) .
- Noun. (American football) A player for the San Francisco 49ers, an NFL team.
- Noun. A student or player on a sports team at California State University, Long Beach (more commonly known as "Long Beach State").
- Noun. A student or player on a sports team at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (more commonly known as "Charlotte" in a sports context).